This is his story....

This is his story...

On August 6, 2010, at 18 weeks gestation, our baby boy was diagnosed with anencephaly. The doctors told us that our sweet baby did not have much of his brain or skull, and that there was no way he would survive. They say that 95% of pregnancies diagnosed with anencephaly are terminated. We knew that we must give our baby boy life.

After 42 weeks, Baby Timothy Frank was born on January 25, 2011 at 5:40 pm, truly "Tiny Tim" at 4lb 15 oz. He was a fighter - he needed to be born alive to share his liver cells to save other babies, and he did just that. He took one breath and left us only seconds later to be with the Lord. We miss him so much but are so proud of what his little life is accomplishing.

This website is to keep Timothy's memory alive and share bits of our journey with our precious little boy. Every life is precious and has purpose - Timothy was able to accomplish so much in his short little life and we are so honored to have been chosen to be his mommy and daddy. Our hope is that Timothy's story will encourage others to give their children a chance to live, to tell their own story, and fulfill their purpose.

To God be the Glory.


Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Letter to My Son, February 3, 2011

For Baby Timothy's Memorial Service...


My Dear Baby Timothy,

When the doctors told us of your condition I asked for mercy.  I confess that the mercy I imagined in my human mind never compared to the mercy and gift I was granted to carry you full-term and meet your sweet precious face. I knew you were not mine to keep here on earth, and promised myself I would not grow too attached to you – but the truth is I fell in love with you the moment I saw your ten perfect tiny toes and ten perfect tiny fingers on your ultrasound.  I watched your little heart beat so strong – it was beating for a purpose.

Parents could never ask for more than for their children to make a difference in the world – to help bring people to God’s kingdom – to be a complete display of God’s glory and mercy.   All the lives you affected, all the lives you are physically saving, I pray that each and every one will be part of an army for God – you are a mighty warrior my son, and God certainly had a purpose for you when he created you, so perfectly, according to His plan. 

Everyone says how strong I was but the moment you left me I realized you were the strong one – you were the one that kept your Mommy going.  I don’t think this hole in my heart will ever go away until we meet again in heaven – but until then, Mommy and Daddy and your big sister Evie promise to keep your memory alive here on earth.  We are so proud of you.

All My Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. God couldn't have picked a more precious Mom for a most precious child. Your unconditional love for him shines each and every moment. What a gift to have YOU as his Mom, what a gift that you gave him life. What a gift that we will see him in perfection and joy where thee is no more sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo exactly what this comment before mine says. I just had to say that I am in awe of the selfless, unconditional love you have inside of you for your children. You are an example I will look up to every day as I try to be the best mom and person I can be while here on this earth. Timothy truly was given the gift of life and the gift of the best mother by you.

    ReplyDelete