This is his story....

This is his story...

On August 6, 2010, at 18 weeks gestation, our baby boy was diagnosed with anencephaly. The doctors told us that our sweet baby did not have much of his brain or skull, and that there was no way he would survive. They say that 95% of pregnancies diagnosed with anencephaly are terminated. We knew that we must give our baby boy life.

After 42 weeks, Baby Timothy Frank was born on January 25, 2011 at 5:40 pm, truly "Tiny Tim" at 4lb 15 oz. He was a fighter - he needed to be born alive to share his liver cells to save other babies, and he did just that. He took one breath and left us only seconds later to be with the Lord. We miss him so much but are so proud of what his little life is accomplishing.

This website is to keep Timothy's memory alive and share bits of our journey with our precious little boy. Every life is precious and has purpose - Timothy was able to accomplish so much in his short little life and we are so honored to have been chosen to be his mommy and daddy. Our hope is that Timothy's story will encourage others to give their children a chance to live, to tell their own story, and fulfill their purpose.

To God be the Glory.


Saturday, February 5, 2011

Letter of Encouragement, January 19, 2011

A note I posted on one of my support websites to another mommy in need...

When I first heard the news and actually started to research what it was - I had so many emotions - so
overwhelmed and scared and thinking how could I put myself and my family through this. When we went back for a confirmation ultrasound all I could see was my little boy's heart beating so strong - I literally felt like I heard him saying, Mommy, please protect me. I just couldn't be responsible for stopping that little heart of his. Even though I accepted God's task at hand for me I thought I'd never want to see him - now, 5.5 months later I'm a completely different person then I was. I won't say that I'm not anxious and scared of what is to come in the next week or so - but I do know that it was entirely worth it and I wouldn't have done a thing differently. Please know that the grief you're experiencing right now, will change - you are a special mommy that God has chosen and I guarantee you, your little baby will have more of an impact on the world then some of us do our whole lives. You are stronger than you ever thought you could be - we all will be praying for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment